Making a Complaint

Unhappy with our service? Help us to put matters right!

We always take great pride in providing our members with the best possible service. Occasionally we know that we may not live up to our promises or your expectations and on these occasions we would like to hear from you straight away. Letting us know when you are unhappy with the service you experience gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and to improve our service in the future for everybody.

We take every complaint seriously and if you tell us about it we will look into it thoroughly and correct any error we have made. Below you will find details on how you can share your concerns with us and how we respond to and deal with complaints.


What to do

The first thing to do is to let us know what has happened and you can choose how you tell us about it:

In person

You can visit us at Slater House, Oakfield Road, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 3GX

By phone

You can call us on 0161 741 3160*.

*01 numbers cost no more than a national rate call and are included in ‘inclusive minutes’ for mobiles.

By email

Email us at

By letter

You can write to us at the address provided above or we will send you a complaints leaflet for you to fill in. If you wish to post your complaint to us you can do so for free by sending it to our freepost address:

Freepost RRGS-HYSA-CREU No1 CopperPot Credit Union Slater House Cheadle SK8 3GX

What we will need to know

In order to help us get to the bottom of your complaint quickly, we need as much information as possible. Please try to include the following information when you contact us:

  • Your full name, address, member number and contact details.
  • A brief summary of your complain.
  • A list of the facts in time/date order.
  • Provide photocopies of any relevant documentation - make sure you keep the originals.
  • Anything specific which you would like us to do to put things right.

What we will do next

We will attempt to resolve the complaint immediately, but if that is not possible, as we may need to investigate further, we will acknowledge your complaint within five days of receipt. Within two weeks of receipt, we will endeavour to respond to you in writing offering a full explanation and any proposal. However, if our investigations take longer we will let you know. A copy of the proposal will be included for you to accept or reject and return. If, after a period of eight weeks maximum, we cannot agree on the way forward then we will provide you with a final response letter giving full reasons for our actions.

What if you are not satisfied with our proposals and want to take it further?

You can send your complaint to an independent arbitrator, the Financial Ombudsman Service. We will provide you with details of the Ombudsman service in our final response and you have up to six months from that date to refer the dispute to the Ombudsman for further consideration. You can find the Financial Ombudsmen Service's website here:

What happens then?

We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman who will collect all the information together and will decide on the best way forward. We will honour the Ombudsman's decision whatever the outcome.