Cookie Privacy Notice
- The last search term that you used within the site.
- Your preference in terms of accessible viewing options.
- A unique ID to track your session from page to page, which is vitally important should you sign into the site.
- Which page you are looking at within a multi-paged index of content, or search results.
Certain cookies are persistent, meaning that they last beyond your session, enabling an enhanced user-experience when you return to the site. Again, a non-exhaustive list of examples of the use of persistent cookies includes:
- The option to remember your username when signing in to the site.
- The fact that you may have voted in a poll, so that you are prevented from voting multiple times.
We also use Google Analytics to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses a cookie to help track which pages are accessed. The cookie contains no personally identifiable information, but it does use your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from, and to track your page visits within the site.