Social Responsibility Statement
The UK is committed to the vision of a sustainable, low carbon economy, and has placed clean growth at the heart of its industrial strategy, requiring a radical reinvention of our ways of working, living and doing business.
Our approach to sustainability supports the aims of the UK Government’s Clean Growth Strategy. This sets out how No1 CopperPot Credit Union takes account of its economic, social and environmental impact in the way it operates as a business. We aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our members, whilst embedding responsible and ethical principles into everything we do.
Our Credit Union’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness.
Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
Proactiveness in every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our Credit Union will:
- Respect the law and all regulation
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights.
- Safety and fair dealing, respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Protecting the environment
We recognise the need to protect the environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all.
What we do;
- Follow best practice when disposing of waste, for example recycling
- Print documents double-sided
- Use recycled paper
- Use reusable mugs when possible
- Use motion sensors on some lights
- Low energy lighting used in the majority of the building
- Powering down computers
- Our computer and monitors switch themselves off automatically after a period of inactivity
- Encourage car share
- Turn off all electrical equipment where possible
- Reduce the use of hazardous chemicals
- Provide a bicycle scheme for staff
- Embed a culture of being environmentally aware
We’ll ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community
- Support diversity and inclusion
Our Credit Union is committed to the ongoing development of its workforce and will actively encourage staff to take the opportunity to share their skills, ideas and experience with other credit unions or related organisations.