Between £24,223 – £26,369
Working hours are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (typically 8-4 or 9-5)
- You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service across several channels
- Deals with loan applications and all other loan related matters by all means of communication in an orderly and compliant manner, ensuring that systematic documentation is maintained and prescribed timescales are adhered to.
- Responsible for the assessment and sanction of loan facilities in line with the policies agreed by the Board and procedures set by management, within individual discretion.
- Responsible for the delivery of loan decisions, delivering all decline decisions to members verbally with a duty of care and sensitivity.
- Recording accurately all information gathered from members, ensuring notes are a true and factual record of information obtained.
- Responsible for efficiently managing and dealing with all loan administration
- Providing support for other areas of the office, in particular within the Customer Service team, as and when required by management.
- Must be aware of the business growth targets of the Credit Union and fully aware of the current Lending Policy, risk appetite, and parameters set by the Board.
- Responsible for promoting and driving the values and ethics throughout the Credit Union and its service levels.
- Assisting the Lending Manager with the implementation of new products and business growth targets.
RELEVANT FACTS AND FIGURES RELATING TO THE ROLE
- Responsible for the efficient handling of approximately 900 loan applications per month.
- Works within the loan application service level agreement of 48 hours.
- Must keep up to date with internal policies and procedures, and relevant external regulation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous lending experience
- Good communication skills
- Customer service support experience
- Excellent listening skills
- Results driven
- Able to work as a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pays attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Engaging personality
- Skilled typist
- Good phone etiquette
- Knowledge of the Office 365 system.
Full job description
|Loans Officer Job Description